I used Simplicity 8051, view A, one of the more recent vintage inspired patterns. It took about 5-6 hours from opening the envelope to finished dress. The only alterations I made were to the paper pattern based solely on measurements.
The final result is cute and flattering. If I were to make it again I would cut a size smaller in the bodice and neck yoke. There is plenty of fabric in the gathered bodice for those with a c cup, I think friends with similar band measurements and larger cups would totally fit this dress. I also ended up with extra fabric at the bottom of the back triangle and in the yoke band. Those folks not in a time crunch should probably mock up the yoke and bodice to get the right size.
Also, the pattern instructions could use more info on finishing the yoke. I'm not sure if I missed the directions but I ended up top stitching some bits because I couldn't figure out what else to do.
Would make this pattern again with some fit alterations to the bodice.