Friday night at Renovation (WorldCon) had a great Steampunk dance lead by the wonderful James and Cathleen Myers who run PEERS.
In Souless, in my opinion the best of the series, Alexia is described as wearing a green ballgown with a cuirass bodice and carrying a brass handled frilly black parasol with purple satin pansies. She also wears wood and silver hairsticks in her hair.
From the stash:
- silk organza curtain (dyed green, purchased from Goodwill at least 5 years ago)
- 3 yards green polyester lace (White Elephant Sale)
- purple satin ribbon (from The Hobby Shop when I took Candace Kling's class)
- brass sheets and metal findings (Pearl, before it closed)
- Chopsticks (takeout)
- aluminum tape
- long black brocade skirt
- black leather and "lizard skin" effect corset
- black polyester organza shirt