The NorCal Pirate Festival is held in June right on the San Francisco Bay waterfront in Vallejo. I've never gone in costume, but it is an event where tons of people dress up, so I decided I needed a pirate outfit for this year. I wanted to do something a little different than the usual and tried to go for something a little bit 18th century, a little bit gothic lolita, and a little bit cocktail dress.
From the Stash:
- Black linen blend in 2 pieces, one 1 yard 45" wide and one 2.5 yards 20" wide
- Two pieces of black cotton, total ~2 yards
- 1/2 yard skull and roses print
- 1/2 yard burgundy duck cloth for interlining
- 3 yards black grosgrain ribbon
- Fusible and fusible tricot interfacing